Township of Rosebud
Rosebud is the traditional family holiday resort of the Peninsula. Friendly, affordable and centrally located, Rosebud welcomes many 1000s of holidaymakers every year. Accommodation is excellent, with a wide range to suit all budgets, and facilities include several top golf courses, a new cinema complex, an indoor pool complex, minigolf, tennis, bowls, ten pin bowling, skating, and a number of amusement centres.
Although Rosebud began as a fishing village as early as the 1850s, its tourism fame since World War Two has been established as a result of its natural foreshore, shielded by banksia, tea tree and sheoak; a combination that has attracted generations of devoted family campers and bathers.
Sandbars extending up to 200 metres from the shore create an ideal safe setting for family bathing. A lengthy retail strip on Pt Nepean Road, including major shopping centres, provides all facilities for the now largely residential population. The Rosebud area also provides the region's greatest concentration of golf courses, with major resort style courses only minutes away.
Things to do
- Water sports (most equipment can be hired along Pt Nepean Road)
- Fishing charters, Pt Nepean Rd
- Rosebud Country Club, Boneo Road.
- Cape Schanck Golf Course and Rosebud Park Public Golf Course
- Gordon Studios Glassblowers Studio
- Ace Hi Ranch and Wild Life Park, & Armoured Vehicle Rides, Boneo Road, Cape Schanck.
- Cape Schanck Lighthouse and Museum Tours, Cape Schanck.
- Bushrangers Bay Walk, Cape Schanck
- Boneo and Rosebud Markets
- Peninsula Rosebud Cinema
- TopFun Amusement Centre
- Rosebud Ten Pin Bowling
- Peninsula Swimming & Aquatic Centre
- Wittingslow Foreshore Carnival - January
- Rotary Art Show - Easter
|Carrington Caravan Park
||Sites & Cabins
||03 5986 2329